How to Biohack Your Sleep with Dr Jay Khorsandi
Find our podcasts on:
There are 3 pillars of health; movement, nutrition and sleep. In this episode, Angela is in conversation with Dr Jay Khorsandi Sleep Expert, Bio Hacker and host of ‘The Best Night Ever! Podcast.
They look at the differences between sleep apnoea and snoring and how they can be treated and discuss the bio hacks that Dr Jay Khorsandi uses to optimise his own sleep.
There are many elements that play a part in good sleep health including nutrition movement and lifestyle.
Angela and Dr Jay discuss the research and what makes a difference including grounding, supplements and infrared light, as someone who has completely optimised his own sleep Dr Jay is someone who knows what works and why and this is a great opportunity to hear him share his knowledge, listen in and enjoy.
- There is a big difference between sleep apnoea and snoring. Snoring is a result of the body and its muscles relaxing whilst sleep apnoea is when you repeatedly stop and start breathing during your sleep.
- Ideal sleep architecture is Initial deep sleep in 90-minute cycles moving towards REM sleep later in the pattern.
- How well you sleep at night starts with the routine of the morning before. When you wake you should get outside and look at the blue of the sky. During a sunrise, there is a high amount of infrared and you will benefit from the full spectrum if you are able to watch this.
- When we are sleeping the body is resting, rejuvenating and you need to give it the resources to do this. You need to have the right amount of sleep and the right quality. The 2 things that regulate our sleep the most are temperature and light.
- Earthing – As we go about the day we build up a positive charge in static electricity and we need to get rid of this because a build-up over time can cause inflammation and disease.
- The digital world means more EMF so it’s important to find ways to mitigate the effects and 20 minutes grounding each day with as much skin exposure is a good way to achieve this.
- There are 3 pillars of health movement, nutrition and sleep and if you can get these 3 in sync the chances of developing any chronic disease is decreased.
‘We have a set of rules in our DNA but we can change them through our actions and behaviours’
‘The more you can connect to the earth the more you can get grounded’
‘If you are using red light therapy you need to achieve a balance that optimises your sleep’
ABOUT THE HOST
Angela is a Nutritionist, Health and Performance Coach. She is also the Founder and CEO of My DNA Edge, an Exclusive Private Membership Site giving individuals the tools and bio hacks needed to optimise their genetic expression for optimal health and performance.
After recovering from a serious illness in 2014, Angela left the world of Corporate Law with a single mission in mind:
To inspire and educate others to live an energetic, healthful and limitless life.
Angela believes that we can truly have it all and has spent the last 5 years researching the habits and routines of high performers, uncovering age-old secrets, time-honoured holistic practices and modern science to create a blueprint for Optimal Human Performance.