Finding Your Authentic Self and Your Own Happiness With Kristina Mand-Lakhiani
Find our podcasts on:
“Life is too important to be taken seriously; we have to make peace with all aspects of it.”
Welcome back to the latest episode of the High-Performance Health Podcast! Today, Angela talks to Kristina Mand-Lakhiani about personal transformation. For her, it’s all about authenticity, balance and consistency. Meaning, we can only be sure we’re moving forward if we are being our authentic self and we embrace and be ready for the positive and negative sides of what life has to offer. It doesn’t matter how slow you go—no rush! Kristina also emphasises that when you have the right mindset, achieving things becomes easier. Discover also about the pros and cons of being uncomfortable, long-term goals vs. instant gratification, having no daily routines, some parenting tips, and a lot more. Start tuning in!
- Be true to yourself. If you stop acting how people want you to act, it’s easier to live life and achieve more. It’s okay if you don’t live up to their expectations; you can’t please everyone anyway.
- Having a clear conscious mind helps in solving your problems. Meditating, journaling, and sharing your stories with someone are just some ways that can help you have clarity with a certain situation.
- Experience > Knowledge. Experience are great motivators and illuminators. When we truly understand and contemplate the things that happened to us, we become more perceptive regarding decision-making.
- Little changes in life make way bigger impact in life, rather than the abrupt ones. So, don’t rush things; don’t rush transformations. Let things happen at their own pace.
- Uncomfortability is part of life, part of growth. When you put yourself in a new, uncharted spot, you become adaptable and you learn to thrive.
- Instant Gratification vs Long-term benefit. Kristina emphasised that your mindset has a big effect on how you achieve your goals. For her, having an investor mindset works since it focuses on the long term.
- Avoid situations you don’t enjoy, you don’t have the passion for to not destroy your creativity.
- When it comes with the daily routine, she wants it to be flexible as much as possible. She enjoys having the freedom of choosing what she wants to do. It’s also beneficial to her he listens to her subconscious, to her body on how she’ll act.
- “We can only influence ourselves, and occasionally, our experience can give permission to influence.”
- “The truth in life is you can never solve your problems ahead.”
- “We have to give up this perfectionist notion of doing it right, of becoming the best version of ourselves.”
- “No one can give you the answer. You’re the only one who can make the decision.”
- “Accept yourself what you are.”
- “I like to listen to my body and to be physically active when my body says so…I don’t follow rules easily.”
ABOUT THE GUEST
Kristina Mand-Lakhiani is a serial entrepreneur, international speaker and artist. As a part of Mindvalley, she brings her female perspective into the company leadership. As a happiness from within advocate, Kristina takes her kids on trips to the Amazon jungles to recharge or joins groups of entrepreneurs, such as Maverick1000 on Richard Branson’s Necker Island.
ABOUT THE HOST
Angela is a Nutritionist, Health and Performance Coach. She is also the Founder and CEO of My DNA Edge, an Exclusive Private Membership Site giving individuals the tools and biohacks needed to optimise their genetic expression for optimal health and performance.
After recovering from a serious illness in 2014, Angela left the world of Corporate Law with a single mission in mind:
To inspire and educate others to live an energetic, healthful and limitless life.
Angela believes that we can truly have it all and has spent the last 5 years researching the habits and routines of high performers, uncovering age old secrets, time honoured holistic practices and modern science to create a blueprint for Optimal Human Performance.