Biohacking Wisdom with Tim Gray
Find our podcasts on:
After almost destroying himself physically through overwork, Tim Gray decided on a complete reboot, starting from the beginning when it came to health.
Since then he has become one of the world’s most influential biohacking experts and health optimisers. Tim joins Angela today to talk about his journey back from the brink, and to share his wisdom and experience in getting the best out of your mind and body.
- Tim was far too focussed on business and not enough upon his health, which caused catastrophic damage to his health, with his immune system essentially shutting down. Needing a complete reboot, Tim decided to focus on rebuilding his health.
- Meditation is an extremely effective way of de-stressing your mind and get your brain firing on all cylinders. Couple this with adequate hydration and nootropics to get your brain back to its best.
- In order to be at your mental best, Tim recommends a perfect balance of ketogenic diet, hydration, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and smart drugs.
- Most of the high performers that Tim knows are all sleeping properly. We need to respect sleep.
- If you are going to bed after sunset, use blue-blocking glasses to block out blue light which causes melatonin. Tim recommends using a blackout blind.
- Gut health determines our entire physical health. If we’re not chewing properly, if our dental health is not good, and if the enzymes in our stomach aren’t working properly in conjunction with bacteria, then we do not get the nutrients we need.
- The reasons we drink water are to flush out toxins, and to help move minerals and nutrients around the blood to fuel the body.
- Brain fog can be caused by lack of oxygen, lack of electrolytes, it can be that our electrical system is struggling, and ll these problems can be linked to dehydration.
- For people living in cities or towns, Tim recommends hyperbaric oxygen therapy, blue light blocking, grounding mouse mats and bedsheets. We can’t count these things out completely, but we can minimise their effects.
- Life is about prioritising health. Money becomes less relevant as our happiness grows. The happiest and smartest people are those who practice preventative health.
‘I’ve always been a two hundred mile an hour business guy’
‘Meditation takes you into the “shower” moment’
’Sleep is really undervalued’
‘People really underestimate minerals’
‘You’ve got to do what you love, and to do what you love you have to be healthy’
‘Man sacrifices his health to create wealth, and at the end of the life, sacrifices wealth for health’
The High Performance Health Podcast – Omny
￼Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/timbiohacker/
London Health Optimisation Biohacker Social Circle - https://www.meetup.com/Londons-Biohacker-Bulletproof-Mindset-Social-Circle/
20% Offer – www.bit.ly/optimisehealth
Tim Gray on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkz-XZY4Fc6EWsn-qV66nhg
ABOUT THE HOST
Angela Foster is a Nutritionist, Fitness and Lifestyle Performance Coach. She is also the Founder and CEO of My DNA Edge, an Exclusive Private Membership Site giving individuals the tools and biohacks needed to optimise their genetic expression for optimal health and performance.
After recovering from a serious illness in 2014, Angela left the world of Corporate Law with a single mission in mind: To inspire and educate others to live an energetic, healthful and limitless life.
Angela believes that we can truly have it all and has spent the last 5 years researching the habits and routines of high performers, uncovering age old secrets, time honoured holistic practices and modern science to create a blueprint for Optimal Human Performance.
Angela has spent tens of thousands of pounds training with the world’s top experts and mentors, distilling the best information from literally 1000s of books and scientific papers on biohacking, nutrition, fitness, sleep, meditation and wellbeing.
Angela works with many high performing clients ranging from Athletes, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, Executives, Artists and individuals like you.