3 Ways with To Increase Antioxidant Intake with Matcha
- Place 1/2 a Chasaku (spoon) of Matcha into the Chawen (bowl).
- Add 75ml of hot (80 degrees or less) water.
- Blend using the Chasen (bamboo whisk) in a zig zag motion creating an “M” or a “W”.
- Relax and enjoy!
Refreshing Iced Matcha
- Prepare the Matcha as above (but using 3 Chasaku and 120ml water).
- Add 1 tsp of raw honey and whisk until dissolved.
- While the Matcha is cooling, place a few sprigs of mint, one stick of fresh lemon grass (split into two) and a sliced lime into the diffuser section of an iced tea jug.
- Poor in the Matcha. Top with 650ml of sparkling water.
- Add ice and leave to infuse for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove diffuser and shake well to blend.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
Matcha Detox Balls
- Place 100g of sunflower seeds, 50g of pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp of vegan chocolate protein powder, 25g of desiccated coconut, 1/2 tsp of Matcha and 1/2 tsp of wheatgrass juice powder into a food processor and combine.
- Add 50g of soft dried apricots and 40g of medjool dates. Combine further.
- Add 1/2 tsp of coconut butter, 1/4 tsp of vanilla bean paste, 2-3 tbsp of pumpkin seed butter and a little water. Process until the mixture sticks together.
- Roll into bite sized balls and coat in desiccated coconut.