Find our podcasts on:
Angela shares the best tips for enhancing immunity from flu and the coronavirus, offering advice that goes beyond the usual tips about effective hand washing. She explains the vital importance of lower oxidative stress on the body and the role-specific vitamins and minerals play in health optimisation.
This episode is about practical ways you and your family can enhance your immunity so if you are unlucky enough to be exposed to the coronavirus your body and its immune system will be functioning at an optimum level through a nutrient density diet.
- Eat antioxidant foods to improve your antioxidant status – Look for brighter coloured fruits and vegetables as these are high in antioxidants.
- Ensure you have adequate vitamin D levels – It plays a key role in supporting the correct balance of the immune system. To optimise vitamin D levels, you need to expose yourself to sufficient sunlight or use a supplement.
- Make sure you are getting enough zinc – This is important for immunity and is required for the function of over 300 enzymes and more than a 1000 transcription factors( the proteins that regulate our gene function).
- Take high dose vitamin C – In an infection, the reserves of vitamin C are used up very quickly so taking large doses when the symptoms appear can ensure vitamin C levels are maintained.
- Sustain the correct level of selenium through diet – Eating around 4 brazil nuts each day will meet your daily needs.
- Make sure you get enough nitric oxide – this is a key signalling molecule between cells and can help to fight against some infections. Include foods such as leafy greens, which can help enhance nitrite oxide production.
- Lactoferrins have been shown to protect against viral infections – Buy lactoferrins supplements in a base of colostrum, also key in enhancing gut health.
- Make sure you are getting enough collagen – it is an essential building block in immune function. Collagen is an easy supplement to take and can easily be added to drinks as its odourless and tasteless
- Mushrooms – certain types of medicinal mushrooms have been shown to enhance immunity stimulating the production of macrophages.
- Use immune boosters in the form of raw honey and bee pollen – Honey is an effective treatment for coughs and bee pollen is considered to be one of the most nutrient-dense foods in nature.
- Include organ meats, teas, allium vegetables in your diet – these foods will all aid the body’s immune system.
- Look after your gut health to increase your immune system – ¾ of your immune system resides in your gut so looking after your gut health is key to overall health.
‘Limit the amount of oxidative stress your body is under and enhance your immune system by not smoking, limiting alcohol consumption and avoiding highly processed foods’
‘It is difficult to get enough vitamin D from diet alone’
‘If you experience flu or coronavirus zinc would be one of the first supplements to begin taking’
Elderberry Juice – https://geni.us/elderberryjuice
Four Sigmatic Chaga Mushroom coffee – https://geni.us/chaga
Kappa Chaga tincture – https://geni.us/kappachaga
Zinc Lozenges – https://www.solgar.co.uk/all-products/flavo-zinc-lozenges/
Vitamin D3/K2 – https://geni.us/vitamind3k2
Pure Health Liposomal Glutathione –https://geni.us/glutathione
Allergy Research High dose liposomal Vitamin C – https://www.nutri-link.co.uk/shop/category/vitamin-c-products/micro-liposomal-c-x-4-floz-120ml.html. Order from Nutrilink– call them on 0333 577 0404to set up an account and quote Angela Foster for 10% off. You will then be able to order online from then on in with the discount.
Wild Oregano Oil –https://geni.us/wildoregano
Organic Bee Pollen –https://geni.us/beepollen
Manuka Honey 83+ MGO –https://geni.us/manuka
Grass-Fed Beef Collagen –https://geni.us/grassfedcollagen
Bone Broth –https://geni.us/bone_broth
ABOUT THE HOST
Angela is a Nutritionist, Health and Performance Coach. She is also the Founder and CEO of My DNA Edge, an Exclusive Private Membership Site giving individuals the tools and bio hacks needed to optimise their genetic expression for optimal health and performance.
After recovering from a serious illness in 2014, Angela left the world of Corporate Law with a single mission in mind:
To inspire and educate others to live an energetic, healthful and limitless life.
Angela believes that we can truly have it all and has spent the last 5 years researching the habits and routines of high performers, uncovering age-old secrets, time-honoured holistic practices and modern science to create a blueprint for Optimal Human Performance.